Yesterday I covered the basics about frittata when I posted about “frittata con le salsiccie” (frittata with sausage).
We have a pescetarian in the house. So, at the last brunch I had to make also a vegetarian frittata. I used potatoes and leeks. It’s simple and very good.
Ingredients (this makes an 8×1 inch frittata):
- one leek
- three potatoes
- 10-12 eggs
- salt, pepper and herbs (i used thyme)
- extra virgin olive oil
1. slice the leeks (white part only) and dice the potatoes (small pieces).
2. start sautee’ing the potatoes in 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil. It will take a good 10-15mins for the potatoes to cook properly. After about 10mins add the leeks and let sautee for another 5mins.
3. Time to add the beaten egg mix. Let it cooked at medium-low heat for about 5-10mins (in my pan it took about 10mins).
4. it’s now time to turn the frittata around. When do you turn it? A good test is to check the bottom of the frittata with a spatula. If the bottom is a nice golden brown it’s time to turn the frittata around. Quick steps:
5. Cook it now for another 3-5 mins and the frittata is ready to go!!